Wednesday, February 22, 2012

stepping out in faith

Pastor Mark, Lizzie & I at Reality London, Aug. 2010
I vividly remember telling my parents at the age of 13 that someday I will be a "missionary" for Christ in a foreign country, here I am almost 13 years later stepping out in faith and obedience to the call God has placed on my heart. The Lord has given me a great love for Pastor Mark, his wife Lizzie, the church of Reality London and the city of London. He has broken my heart for what breaks His regarding the city. This decision to serve in London has been and continues to be a labor of prayer that has spanned over a year and a half, wanting to make sure it was God's voice I heard and not my own desire. The day has finally come to start preparing for my mission. I will be serving as a "ministry assistant" at Reality London, serving wherever, however and in whatever the church needs. Pastor Mark and wife Lizzie will also be pouring into me and discipling me as God leads them. This will be a season were I will be challenged, matured and definitely humbled. All to the glory of God.
          For a little over a week the prayers and possibilities about going to London have become a reality and God has already begun to be so overwhelming faithful to His promises providing in so many ways. I will be gone from October 2012-March 2013. In the upcoming months leading to my departure I will be needing first and foremost prayer. That the Lord continue to guide every decision made,  that He guard my heart and mind against any attack from the enemy both here and abroad. Second, London is a very expensive city. The preliminary budget for the 6 month trip is $15,000US which at the current exchange rate comes to $9,472.45GB,  needless to say that is a huge dip in funds. It will cover a room at an apartment, roundtrip airfare, transportation while in London, groceries, toiletries, basic healthcare, a phone while I’m there and any unexpected expenses. If you feel led to give there is a donation button linked to my paypal account.  Please comment if you have any questions, concerns, prayers, scriptures, fund raising ideas or anything you feel would help. I will be posting blogs regarding prayer request, praise reports, and upcoming fund raising events. Since you will be investing in me and sending me on mission I want to keep you as informed as possible. Thank you for being diligent in prayer, for loving me and supporting my obedience to step out in faith. I love you and am excited to see what God has in store for me on this journey. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Your first blog post, I am so excited!

    Denise, this is going to be such a radical journey for you, and the best part as the although you won't leave until October, your journey begins now - while you're still home. The process of leading up to your send off is going to be one of the most important parts, so don't lose sight of that! God is going to do some amazing work in and through you while you're in London.

    I am excited to be a part of this with you in any way that I can be!

    xoxo
    Bren

    ReplyDelete